Made in the USA Stainless pipe (nipples and caps)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iyiyi

Reaction score
I'm looking for stainless steel nipples, and ideally caps as well, that are made in the USA. I'm having a hard time. It looks like maybe the nipples by Merrit Brass are made domestically but their caps seem to be stamped "China". Does anybody know of a USA manufacturer? Thanks!

A plumbing supply house should be able to either get you what you need or tell you someone that can.

A plumbing supply house should be able to either get you what you need or tell you someone that can.

Haven't had any luck there. Have reached out to several. They either say they "think" something is made in the USA or that only certain pieces are and they can't tell me which. Was hoping someone knew of a manufacturer that definitely had USA parts.

TThe GSA maintains a list of products which it is ok to use foreign sources on ”Buy America” contracts. They figure that if they can’t source it nobody can. They contact manufacturers and ask them if they can make certain products for the GSA under contract. Money no object. Still can’t find made in American products.

Sometimes I wish they wouldn’t find a source. I installed a bunch of made in America brass hose bibs in a campground. Failure rate of 80%. I called the manufacturer to complain and he sent me a box of 24 by overnight, with a return label so I could replace all 21 of them, and ship them back to him. Only nine of the second batch failed. And, he quite promptly sent me a dozen. The next ones that failed I bought Indian made under a well known international brand name. No failures.

Thanks. This is for a specific project that requires only a small amount of stainless pipe and it really has to be American made. I can find stainless nipples but finding American made stainless caps seems to be impossible.

Have you tried McMaster-Carr?
I don't know what type of SS, size or pressure you need but I looked at a few nipples and caps and did see US made.
Maybe try contacting them.

Thanks, could you let me know where you saw those? Everything I can find by Mcmaster in Stainless is made in Taiwan. I sent them an email but haven't heard back

Latest posts

Back