low water volume in kitchen sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gustavo.procopio

Reaction score
Hi all, the water in my kitchen sink is running with very low volume. at one point i had just a trickle of hot running and a moderate flow of cold. I disconnected the supply lines from the shut-off valve and, opening the faucet, drained water through each line into a bowl. There was some tiny debris in that water. The fix worked but not perfectly. The volume was still lower than it used to be. Worse yet, I had to do the same process again two more times in as many weeks (again with significant but not perfect improvement). Does anyone have any thoughts on what to do? Thank you!!

Yes, I also had low water flow in my kitchen faucet. I replaced the aerator and it did improve the water flow.

Next step would be to make sure your valves under the sink are open all the way, if nothing changes shut off the valves under the sink , disconnect the supply lines from the faucet turn the valves one at a time into a bucket

What type of faucet? Pull out spray (not side sprayer)? If so, unscrew the hand held spout from the hose and check inside the spout. There’s a little screen that gets blocked with sediment.

Back