Low water pressure after valve/trim kit replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladmo19013

Reaction score
I recently had a new valve and trim kit installed on a shower, now I have really low water pressure. It's a Delta R10000-UNWSHF mulitchoice universal shower valve. Is this the problem? Are there adjustments to the valve that can increase the pressure? The valve was relocated on the other wall and new flexible lines were used through the ceiling to connect it. But they are the same diameter hose as the copper pipes were. This shouldn't cause the low pressure should it?

Check to see if your valve in the wall have the small screw driver valves that can shut off the water. Maybe half
open possibily.

They do have the 1/4" turn shut off screws (stops the called them) - I can certainly check those. I know they are for shutting off water when replacing the cartridge. I've asked Delta customer service, but they never respond with and answer. I didn't think that 1/4" turn could affect the pressure that much, just shut it off. Thank you

Might be your shower head. Check that then do what TomF said.

They do have the 1/4" turn shut off screws (stops the called them)
Maybe they aren't really 1/4-turn, try turning them all the way one closed (clockwise) and then all the way open (counter-clockwise).

The other thing that might have happened is debris getting into the system and clogging things up, not unlikely if you just had everything replaced. Close the stops, remove the cartridge and open the stops one at a time to see if there's plenty of water flow. Then remove the shower head, reinstall the cartridge, and see if you get enough water without the shower head. Inspect the shower head for debris, grit, rust, teflon tape shards, etc, either in the flow restrictor or the spray nozzles.

Latest posts

Back