Low pressure for kitchen water spout

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikez006

Reaction score
Next to the kitchen faucet is a water spout for drinking, but the pressure is really low and I'm trying to figure out why.

I already changed the filter and this helped a little, but not much. About 6 months ago the spout started leaking so I replaced it with a new one. It had low pressure before and after, so the problem is not with the spout itself.

In the basement on the water line is a value with a blue hose that comes out and connects to the water filter, it then continues and splits into two lines. One goes to the kitchen water spout the other goes to the refrigerator.

The water pressure for all faucets and sinks in the house are fine, only the water spout has low pressure.

I feel I have ruled out the water spout itself and the filter as the problems, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

The only idea I have left is that the filter is in the wrong place. Maybe it shouldn't be in the basement and instead under the sink. Hoping for some ideas. Thanks in advance.

Your filter might be too restrictive.

There are many different types and levels of filtration.
Some of them are rated by micron levels.

The valve feeding water to your filter might be partially closed.

There might be more than one valve involved.

Or it might be a piece of garbage, such as a saddle valve, which tend to fail, then they either leak, or won’t shut off, or develop weak flow.

Show a pic of the shutoff valve before the filter.
And under the sink, if another one is down there.

Your faucet might also be clogged with minerals.

Changing the filter can release calcium and other junk, which flows into the faucet and gets caught in little tight spots.

Consult the faucet manual for cleaning or flow restriction trouble shooting.

This is the valve off the main water line that goes to the water spout.

20210403_130448.jpg

The blue line goes to the filter

20210403_130507.jpg

After the filter it splits, one to the fridge (copper), one to the water spout (blue). No other valves.

20210403_130515.jpg

I checked the filter and it says,
  • Filters down to 0.5 microns.
Maybe the blue line is clogged?

Disconnect the water line under the sink before it connects to the faucet. Direct into a bucket and check your flow there.

Work backwards until you find the problem.

You can also start at the valve and work toward the filter and the sink.,

Your choice.

What to you is low pressure? These dispensers are not design for delivering a high pressure flow.

I've installed these with "pressure assist" tanks. Although it wasn't the same sytem and the system I'm thinking of had a tank supplied by the manufacturer (culligan I think), but I wonder if this type of setup would help you, baring your finding other restrictions.

Latest posts

Back