Loop vents

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustinSanphy

Reaction score
Is a foot vent required on the vent leg of a loop vent? I’m on a second floor and my drain for tie in is 6” below finish floor and don’t have room for foot vent. Can I put my vent tee(eye) on horizontal drain that’s running from loop to tie in? Is that legal in drawing?

Attachments

• E60A51DB-F04F-4297-BFC0-9BA4FBF1747F.jpeg
    E60A51DB-F04F-4297-BFC0-9BA4FBF1747F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Is there a loop vent pro on this forum.. I need to move kitchen sink to island and was hoping for some advice at different ways to vent and tie in loop vent to existing drain. If drawing is legal, then I’m good

@frodo was a member with lots of experience with island venting, but is still dealing with issues from the hurricane last month down south. Im hoping to get him to respond to this post.

Look up island sink vent. It is meant to have a line tie into a vent somewhere, not just loop back into the sanitary. You could upsize the drain line.
I’ve googled it several ways hoping to see one plumbed in a tight space, because with a foot vent you need 15-16” of space to plumb. Especially when it calls for a combi as foot vent

2 different ways you can accomplish the ft vent
if you do not have the room. then install the waste line then 90 over to the island
roll a combo up from the horizontal 22 degrees. use a ftg 22 fitting to straighten nout
this will save you 8 or 9 inches.
does my drawing make any sense to you? it is 2 options. there is a 3rd. IF you are not being inspected
water bag.jpg

Frodo, you showed me exactly what I wanted to see.. I wasn’t sure if I could put a tee(combo or wye on horizontal and shoot to a wall to vent. It seems like an easier way and less pipe.. Thanks so much for taking time to do that…. What’s your illegal 3rd way? Not AAV right, I’m curious if it’s not. Did you see my drawing? Envision existing kitchen drain on wall with vent going straight up.. I wanted to lower santee below floor, stack a cleanout above floor and tie in vent. I then build my bow vent 3 feet away and plumb straight into Santee which would vent similar to shower drain… why would that be illegal? Thanks again for your reply and any other info/knowledge you have.

We did the same except we would install a in the fitting cleanout directly into the 3x2 sanitary tee. Works great

Latest posts

Back