Looking to buy a sewer camera , any suggestions?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbingnj

Reaction score
Hi All, I own a small plumbing business in NJ. I’ve been doing a lot of drain cleaning lately and I feel it’s time to provide better service by acquiring my own camera. I’ve only used General ( I would typically rent it ). Any suggestions would be certainly appreciated. Anybody had the experience using a low cost camera? Thank you for your input .

At my company we use the rigid sea snake and large reel. Its battery operated or can be plugged in. Its a good little system to use

See snake mini (200 foot) with the cs65x monitor and a micro reel for going through toilets instead of pulling them to check main lines. Expensive but way worth it. Both trucks have that set up. We charge 485.oo to jet a main line and camera it. We will warranty our work because we know the line isn’t compromised and we make more money if they have an issue. The monitor makes thumb drives that we give to the client. Just a really good set up.

See snake mini (200 foot) with the cs65x monitor and a micro reel for going through toilets instead of pulling them to check main lines. Expensive but way worth it. Both trucks have that set up. We charge 485.oo to jet a main line and camera it. We will warranty our work because we know the line isn’t compromised and we make more money if they have an issue. The monitor makes thumb drives that we give to the client. Just a really good set up.

Thank you for your response, it makes sense what you’re saying. I’ll definitely look into it. What kind of jet do you guys use?

Thank you for your response

Both trucks have the General JM-1100 mini jetter and I keep the KJ-2200 on my truck. We also have the KJ-3100 that stays in the shop for main lines and root cutting. We use the root ranger and the reaper heads for root cutting. Like my apprentice says, “with jetting, you’re just selling the people their own water.”

Latest posts

Back