Looking for water softener suggestions

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warno

Reaction score
Could anyone here point me in the right direction for a new water softener? The current one I have no longer goes into regeneration mode and when it attempts to the mechanical mechanism the switches it from regen to service makes a loud clicking noise that can be heard through the house.

I had menards test my water and they told me I would need a 30,000 grain softener. But my problem is space available to put the softener. I only have a 10" x 10" maximum space for the resin tank and a 14" x 14" maximum space for the brine tank. I cannot use a 1 piece unit, it must be a 2 piece.

I've found a few that claim to fit the measurements available but I'd hate to order something online and it not fit. I've tried my local menards and they do not have any 2 piece models. I would like to get one from menards because I have a gift card from Christmas that will cover a large portion of the cost. But if I cannot find one there it's fine, I need a new softener.

I found this one online but I couldn't find any reviews for this model. And the measurements read kind of weird. I think they are measuring it as both tanks together. Can anyone tell me anything about this model or have any other options for me to look into?

Here is the location I have to put the softener.

20190101_172646.jpg

We always installed CSI brand. They're made close to me. Ashland, Ohio They make a compact one just like what
you have in your picture. They have an 800 number would probably be happy to help you on the size. What is the grain hardness on your water.

We always installed CSI brand. They're made close to me. Ashland, Ohio They make a compact one just like what
you have in your picture. They have an 800 number would probably be happy to help you on the size. What is the grain hardness on your water.

They told me at menards it was 30? When they did their little test on my water sample for hardness the guy put 30 drops of whatever it is to make the sample turn purplish blue. Sorry I can't be more help with that answer, I'm going off of what they told me.

Latest posts

Back