Looking for opinions on the severity of main vent corrosion/damage.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Starkman

Reaction score
View scope video here:
  • You can see what the cracks in the pipe from 0:43-1:19
  • At 1:32 you can see he knocks some corrosion off and into the pipe and then from there he can't get the scope down into the 90-degree bend
Is this an absolute must-repair situation? How damning is this on a new home purchase? Pulling it out and replacing it requires pulling out countertops, cabinets, appliances, etc. Any experience with Nu Flow? Is this better or worse than I think it is? TIA!

Around here they have a company that lines the pipe rather that digging and removing. As I understand it, they send a grinder head through, and pull some type of fabric through at the same time. They then inflate the fabric, and it hardens. It costs about $100 per foot, but is cheaper than ripping out a concrete patio or stairs, etc.

jeff is right reline is the best option may be a bit pricey but way less labor intensive and were it will last forever we have drains relined at work under granite slabs /6-8 feet below tile floor in a commercial kithchen

Thanks, everyone! Nu Flow is the company here in Phoenix I've found to do the relining option and they are coming out to quote on Wednesday. I think that will be our best solution here as well.

Latest posts

Back