Looking for New Kitchen Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phishfood, could you post a photo of your faucet at your sink to see what it looks like?

Anyone have a newer faucet with a side spray?

Phishfood, how is your water flow/pressure?

Last edited:
Kathy, I think I might have a Moen side-sprayer but its an el-cheapo model. Got it about 14 1/2 years ago and the faucet doesn't want to stay in place when I rotate it (it springs back) and the diverter for the sprayer is no longer working properly (it keeps coming out of the other faucet and makes the water to the sprayer weaker). The water pressure from it was fine until we had an issue with the water pump from our well system. I probably need to dismantle it, replace some washers, clean out sediment, and then put it back on.

The fact that a cheap model has lasted as long as this one is a sign that they are built pretty well. I would hope the higher end ones would be sturdier.

It's not a particularly attractive faucet. Just a regular stainless steel generic looking one.

I think a pull-out one might be easier to work with than a side-sprayer, although the side-sprayer is designed to fit in your hand.

I don't think a plastic sprayer would have any less water pressure/ flow than a metal one.

I've seen most of the models out there. I guess I was just wondering if anyone had one of the newer Delta or Moen pull-outs or with side spray and could post a photo of it at their sink and tell me how they like it/don't like it. I know phishfood has a pull-out and likes it, but I'm curious what others have and would like to see photos(actual faucet with sink). :)

Last edited:
Ok, I was wrong. My faucet is a Delta, not a Moen. I just ahd to look at the little symbol. My sink is too much of a mess for me to get a pic-- but you asked for newer models and mine doesn't fit that category.

Wish I could help you on that. Maybe you can google image/video search and see if anyone has videos of certain models in operation?

I'd like to hear people's personal experience with a faucet, not just see a video of a faucet turned on. I'd like to hear what newer faucets people actually have and how they like them.

Last edited:
Maybe I am just a bit different. If I need a faucet, I go out and buy one. I'm thinking that you are overthinking this waaay toooo much. ;)

Even new faucets are gettin bad when it comes to durability. You will likely replace a well known brand in 10 years. Stop over thinking and go pick one you like.

Are Kingston Brass and Premier good brands? I see they have some nice-looking faucets, but I really don't know much about their quality.

My suggestion about watching youtube videos was because some people who have the faucets will post videos of them using the faucets and comment on the pros and cons. I meant like customer videos rather than official promotional videos.

I saw http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CK6JPW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20 which is a low-arc faucet.

There's this one that has the handle separate from the faucet so it takes 3 holes. I have a setup like this. Sometimes if the dishes are stacked up high in the sink it can be difficult to reach the lever.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LWKPW0/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I saw on Youtube that the Delta Cassidy was rated as #2 out of the top 5 best Delta faucets and it claims to have 1.8gpm.

Here is a video of a customer using it.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhlg7EVzguA[/ame]

Here's a video review of the Moen Brantford
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lR2A64yOjQ[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Zanne, that video is of the Cassidy pull-down. I'm looking at the Cassidy pull-out. I've looked for customer videos on a few, but can't find any.

Oops. I typed in "pull-out" in the search engine.

Hmm.... I wish I could help more on this. I tend to be very picky when researching.

I think that most of the faucets will be pretty much equal with flow/pressure because of the flow restrictions. I know there are different types of sprays though-- the Moen one had different types.

Still wondering about the aforementioned other brands since I saw more of them that seemed to match the visual style you were going for.

One drawback on the one with a lever separate from the faucet is that, if you place the handle in the middle with the faucet to the left and sprayer to the right, sometimes when pulling on the sprayer, it can bump the lever. That happened on mine last night when I was trying to wash something.

Latest posts

Back