Looking for New Kitchen Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathy642

Reaction score
I am looking for a new kitchen faucet. I have been looking for months, so I know a lot about the different faucets out there and still can’t find one. I like the look of vintage style faucets with a separate side spray, but have heard most have a lower flow/pressure than a pull-out. We have always had really good water pressure and I do not like the lower flow. I would like to still have really good flow/pressure and strong spray. I have been looking at pull-outs because they have a lower profile than the taller pull-downs and longer reach towards the front of the sink. I have a window, so I prefer a faucet around 12″ overall height, but still a good spout height(around 8″? or higher from spout to deck). I'd go with one a bit higher overall, if I really had to. I would also like it in a darker bronze and a lifetime warranty on parts and finish. I am trying to stick with Delta or Moen because of the lifetime warranty and good customer service. I'd consider another brand if I knew it was a really good brand with good customer service, easy to get parts should something happen and lifetime warranty on parts and finish.

I was considering the Delta Cassidy pull-out(not pull-down), because of the dimensions and it comes in a darker bronze, but I’m not sure how good the water flow/pressure is, I’ve seen several bad reviews on it and it has a plastic spray head which I’ve heard to stay away from. I’m also concerned about the lower flow. I wouldn’t mind a side spray if I knew it was a quality faucet with strong water flow/pressure, or a pull-down, if it wasn’t so tall and had good water pressure. As I mentioned, I would like to stay with Delta or Moen(lifetime warranty and good customer service/easy to get parts). I’d like to stay around $400 or less. Any suggestions of a specific faucet like I’m looking for or at least close to what I’m looking for would be appreciated. I know everyone has their favorites, but I need suggestions, so I can find a faucet and we can move on with our remodel. Thanks!

If it matters, our copper sink is 30″x20″x7″. Interior is 26″x16″x7″(8″ deep when undermounted), and our house is an 1800′s log home with very rustic/vintage style.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on a faucet? I really need to decide on one. Thanks!

Last edited:
Frodo is correct. Picking a faucet is everyone's own personal choice. It also depends on how much room you have and how many holes are available for the faucet mounting. Do you have one, two, three, four or five holes available? Do you already have oil rubbed bronze fixtures in your kitchen or is there alot of chrome? Do you need a built in sprayer or could you use a separate sprayer? What is your budget?

Most faucets available these days have flow restrictors to conserve water. I've found the more expensive the unit, the better the flow seems. Many also have removeable flow restrictors if water conservation is not your thing, but we aren't suppose to talk about this (wink-wink).

Good luck with your decision and please post up a picture of the faucet you finally decided on!

Frodo, I love the look of the delta Victorian with side spray you posted. Is that what you have? I would consider it, but it has a very short spout height for fitting tall pots under it and with the separate spray and handle(although that's what I like), that would be too many holes since we will also have a smaller filtered water faucet, plus an air gap. That one is also a bit more than we want to spend. We're trying to stay around $400 or less.

Number of holes doesn't matter, since we're doing a complete remodel, yet 5 holes may be too many and may not fit my sink(30" overall, 26" wide interior). We are definitely getting a dark bronze color and as I mentioned above, our style is extremely rustic. I'm also extremely worried about the water flow/pressure. Yes, I know all about the low-flow and gov. restrictions(most being 1.5 gpm). I'm really afraid of ending up with low flow and hating it(I've used other people's faucet with low flow and weaker spray). I'm used to a strong flow/pressure.

As I mentioned, I like the look and dimensions of the Delta Cassidy pull-out(not pull-down), but too many bad reviews and the spray head is plastic.

Any other suggestions of a specific faucet? I really need help narrowing it down.

Last edited:
LOL...flow restriction..whats that ? those things seem to disappear off of my faucets for some reason..

must be a flow restricter thief running around..LOL

moen http://screencast.com/t/cvhWG4r3

http://screencast.com/t/i6tQg6oVpj

7735ORB-lg.jpg

I'm not sure about flow-rates, but first maybe we can help you narrow down acceptable styles and then weed out ones that don't perform well. I wish I knew more about the pressure/flow-rates. I'd assume that most of the good brands that were recommended have about equal flow-rates, but I could be wrong.

It seems you like the "oil rubbed bronze" look.
What do you think of this style?

Or do you want more of a gooseneck?

Or this?

For the handles, think about what will be the most convenient for you to use. You can get them with single handle or two handle or touch-activated.

I personally like to have a separate side-sprayer because that is what I'm accustomed to. Maybe you can sort of play around with demo faucets at a box store to see what feels the most natural for you. Take into consideration the size of the items you will be washing in the sink and imagine maneuvering around with whatever faucet you are playing with-- obviously it won't have water, but you can go through general motions.

Now, you've mentioned that you want durability, so you will have to see what the warranty is on the products. You also mentioned that one of the options had a plastic side-sprayer and that was less appealing to you. There is one benefit to plastic that I've found over metal-- it doesn't conduct heat as much and the handle won't get as hot as a metal faucet. You will probably have better heat control with your water than I have in my house, so that might not be a big deal for you, but for me, metal gets too warm.

You can actually buy a side-sprayer independent of the faucet, although that would probably cost more.

Which brings me to ask about your budget. Do you have a max price or a comfort zone for prices?

Edit: I was typing this up and didn't see Frodo's post. I think he found a better-looking faucet.

Last edited by a moderator:
frodo and Zanne, first let me say thanks for the suggestions/photos of the faucets. Also, I was looking at a pull-out, not pull-down, that had a plastic spray head in the faucet, not a separate side spray. I had a plastic side spray for 15 yrs with no problem and very strong water flow/pressure, but things have changed with quality, most now are low flow(hate it!) and I've heard that the pull-out faucets with the plastic spray heads in the faucet are not very durable and the finish can come off or chip.
My budget is $400 or less.

I like the look of all 3 faucets, but first faucet photo(Moen Brantford with side spray), is really tall. I would prefer a bit shorter if possible. I have a window with a window sill. Also, it has a shorter reach. I would like the faucet reach to be 9.5 or greater if possible.

The second photo is an off-brand faucet that I've never heard of. I would like to stay with a well known brand and the third is also a Moen Brantford, but pull-out rather than side spray. Quite tall and a short spout reach.

All three have 1.5 gpm which is very low flow. I'll have to deal with low flow if I really can't find anything else. Also, I'd prefer the handle to the right or above the faucet.

Does anyone actually have or know of anyone that has one of the above faucets or something close to what I'm looking for and really like it? I've looked at almost every faucet out there, but would like to hear about one that someone actually has.

Oh, and just because a company has a good lifetime warranty, does not mean all of their faucets are the same quality. :)

Last edited:
You're very welcome. The off-brand one I linked was basically for the look-only and was not intended as a contender. I was trying to gauge your preferences for appearance.

I'm so behind on faucet technology that I didn't realize the distinction between pull-out and pull-down. I see it now. I could see some benefits to it being that way, but I do wonder if there are ever problems getting it to return to the original position.

So, the second image was more in-tune with what you need, but not quite the right style? Or was it too tall?

Does the window sill stick out enough that it would interfere with the faucet, or is it just for aesthetics?

Is it this one you're considering?

I think pretty much most faucets will have the flow restriction due to water conservation rules. If you find that it is too restrictive, I'm sure you can find out how to remove the part that is causing flow problems.

Are you more concerned with volume of flow or pressure?

As for height of the faucet again, the 24"+ is too tall?

I don't have any experience with pull-out faucets. I need to check what brand my current one is because it kinda sucks- but we got a cheap one about 14 years ago.

I'm trying to search amazon for the options right now, but its being a bit temperamental.

One thing you might do is ask your local plumbers which types of faucets they have to service or replace more often.

And good point about a long warranty not guaranteeing quality.

Have to run to the store (well, drive... lol). I hope we can narrow down more options for you and find something that will work.

You can also look at Houzz to look for stuff, but I don't know how easy it is to find faucets.

Frodo, what are some of the sponsored or allowed sites that sell faucets? Is faucetdepot one of them?

Overstock sometimes has stuff, but its bound to be limited in options.

On a complete side note, is it wrong that I've sometimes considered getting some sort of cheap side-sprayer and a splitter for my toilet line to assist in cleaning the toilet? I wonder if they make them with gentle enough spray to use as a washlet.

Back to the topic, what about something like this?

It is considerably shorter, but it doesn't have as much reach.

Also saw a Grohe (which I've heard is a good brand) one that isn't as tall as the previous ones, but it is over the budget (unless there are any sites selling it for less)

Updating because I've continued to google and search, I should pose the question: What are the maximum and minimum heights you need for the faucet?

Moen Camerist Model # 7545ORB is about 9.5" high. Lifetime limited warranty.

Moen Brookshire Model # S73709ORB is about 13" high. Lifetime limited warranty-- but you may have to browse around to find it under $400.

Yes Zanne, that is the one I was considering(Delta Cassidy pull-out), but it's got some bad reviews and a plastic spray head(the pull-out part).

Less than 14" tall if possible and close to 8" or higher from spout to deck.

As for water flow/pressure, I'm talking about more coming out faster.

I've been to the showroom, but without actually seeing it hooked up, I can't tell how the water flow/pressure is and they didn't have a huge selection. All they could tell was that Delta, Kohler and Moen are all good companies and if getting a pull-down or pull-out, to make sure it's a stainless braided or black nylon hose.

Kathy, ahh. Ok. That helps to clarify a bit more.
I think one of the reasons the pull-out is plastic (other than to save money) is that it doesn't conduct as much heat and won't be as hot for your hand.

I *think* the braided hoses can actually be swapped out, but I'm not certain. I could have sworn that I read somewhere on Amazon that there were replacement hoses.

What was said in the bad reviews of the Cassidy that had you concerned?
It looks like it has a 4.4 star rating on Amazon.

Generally, people are more likely to write negative reviews than positive ones and there were not all that many complaints. But, if I were you, I would still see if they have a floor model set up to see how the pull-out works. I saw some people complaining about it snagging.

I think its not easy to find faucets within your parameters.
I'm trying to remember how much reach you said you needed. You want between 8" to 14" in height? Or was the 8" for the length/reach? I'm probably overthinking. LOL.

Too bad the Moen Brantford is so tall. It has the metal pull-out. It's just a little over the 14" high. It's 14 9/16" according to the product specifications on the Moen website. Looks like Amazon's info is wrong.
That one is ADA compliant and available at HomeDepot and possibly Lowes (I checked the site and only saw SS and chrome versions) as well as Amazon.

The Delta one has a neater look, but if the plastic part is a dealbreaker, the Moen might be your best bet.

(I've been googling and searching while typing this).

Personally, I'd go with the Moen, but it is your kitchen and you are the one who will have to see it every day.

Hello,
IMO, KOHLER is good brand for a Faucet, It also provides a new and latest style for Kitchen Faucet. So I would like to recommend you the KOHLER brand.

I didn't see any Kohler faucets that fit the parameters. I can keep looking though.

Kathy, I also recommend looking at retailmenot.com to see if you can find any coupons for things. I don't always find something for what I'm buying, but its saved me some money on a few things.

I've been to a showroom and they couldn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Plus, both the pull out and pull-down seem fine to use. Faucets were not hooked up, so I couldn't see how goog the flow/pressure was.

Anyone here have experience with one of the newer pull-out(not pull-down) with the plastic spray head? Or a newer one with side spray? If so, which one?

I have a Moen pull out, I think it is the Banbury, which I have had for almost 2 years. The spray head is plastic, which does not feel nearly as substantial as brass. But I have to admit, despite my early reservations because of the plastic head, it has held up very well, with no problems whatsoever. Overall, I have to say that I really like it.

Anyone have a Delta or Moen pull-out or with side spray and do you. Like it?

Back