Looking for a U-shaped spout to suit 45° mounting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwmurphy

Reaction score
Looking for a spout to replace this ghastly thing in the kitchen sink. Problem is the 45° angle of the mounting. All the U-shaped faucets I've seen are for a level surface.
Any suggestions for anything nicer to replace this with?
Thanks in advance, cheers.
Jeremy

Attachments

• PXL_20210302_200934694.jpg
    PXL_20210302_200934694.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
I see you’re in Australia. I’ve never seen a kitchen sink like that here in the US. Or not one that I recall.

Maybe someone else has.

Goodluck.

Deleted ... Took 2nd look at photo and understood what the problem is.

Time for a new faucet.
Otherwise you are just painting a turd, as the saying goes.

Thanks for advice so far. Sink is probably original with the house, I'm guessing 1960s.
Anyway, I should have mentioned that I'm just renting this place, so I'm looking for a minimally invasive solution. I'd rather not touch anything beyond the spout's escutcheon (is that right?).
I'm thinking maybe a short, angled wall spout that when mounted at 45° will still point into the sink. I guess the risk is the splash if it's opened right up. But the benefit is being able to get large pots, etc underneath it.

If you're renting, it's your landlords responsibility to make sure the plumbing is in working order. I wouldn't touch it, especially without permission.

If it were yours, I'd wonder if you could have the spout re-chromed.
But it looks like a very uncommon installation. At least I've never seen anything remotely like it. If you can find any parts that will fit, AND they're in-budget, maybe consider them? I'd add a little tube of clear silicone caulk for the joint with the tile

I'd make a box out of metal to match the angle and finish, then mount it to the box. But if you don't own it and you can't make something like that fairly easily... It's probably not worth it.

I am a landlord and I don't like tenants doing things to my places. I prefer to install things they might want.

Just ask the landlord for a new sink. Tell him you need to be able to wash pots or whatever you think he needs to hear to get you a different setup.

Back