Little volume and pressure

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Six-O

Reaction score
New to this forum stuff but have a question. Waterline is 1300 feet from the municipal tap which is said to be wide open. We suffer from lack of volume and pressure. Is there a booster system I can add to allow me to increase my gpm and pressure?

A booster pump will increase pressure if you have enough volume behind it. What size is the 1300’ feet of water service?

Engineering firm designed a 3/4 iron pipe size tap which the ID is 5/8. They have the tap wide open. It would be costly to replace the line to a larger one but they are unwilling to change the tap size. Any suggestions?

3/4 line 1300 ft with 100ft elevation. :eek:

Who speced that before it was installed should be fired.
Did ya hire Billy down the street cuz he said he could do it on the weekends to save you a $?

Engineering firm designed a 3/4 iron pipe size tap which the ID is 5/8. They have the tap wide open. It would be costly to replace the line to a larger one but they are unwilling to change the tap size. Any suggestions?

Start digging

It would be hard to draw more water from a 3/4 steel line. Either put in a larger line or use a cistern storage tank and booster pump. I didn't see anything about 100' in elevation? If that is the case a storage tank and booster is best as a larger line won't help.

It would be hard to draw more water from a 3/4 steel line. Either put in a larger line or use a cistern storage tank and booster pump. I didn't see anything about 100' in elevation? If that is the case a storage tank and booster is best as a larger line won't help.

OP had 2 threads started on same topic.

we ran pvc for 1300 feet with several check valves in line and elevation rise of approx. 100 feet. Not to mention the engineering firm specked the wrong size taps (3/4 iron pipe size as opposed to 3/4 copper tube size).

Six-O

Last edited:
OP had 2 threads started on same topic.

I missed that. Thank You!

With 100' of elevation I don't see any other option except a booster pump. With a larger line you maybe able to boost directly from the supply line. With a cistern storage tank you wouldn't need a larger line.

Back