Lifting the cistern

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fork1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The flush broke, so i went to change it, removed the two screws holding the cistern in place to get to the locking nut of the old fitting. It had some glue keeping it against the wall, and i cut that out too.
But i can't lift the cistern out, i've put some force into it, but no luck. I've been wary of lifting too hard, lest i break something.

Any ideas? I am not sure what i've might have missed, or the cistern just fused to the bottom? By the looks/cleanliness of it, maintenance hasn't been the previous occupants forte...

IMG-7413.JPGIMG-7414.JPGIMG-7415.JPGIMG-7416.JPG

Thanks a lot!

No, we actually just bought the place, why?

People come on here wanting to fiddle with things that aren't theirs.

If i was a renter, i would have asked the owner to fix it, would have been a lot easier :)

If i was a renter, i would have asked the owner to fix it, would have been a lot easier :)
You'd think everyone would do that. I think the ambiguity of "previous occupants" is what lead me to that.

Have you tried a slight twist? Ever so slight.

No, it won't budge if i try to twist (or lift). It feels stuck to the base.

Your toilet does not look very similar to what we are used to seeing in North America, which is where most forum members are from.

Latest posts

Back