Leaky Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

videogeneration

Reaction score
I have delta 1400 series tub faucet that's been leaking a lot. I have ordered the cartridge to replace that will take about 10 days before it arrives. In the meantime, there's lot of water leaking and going down the drain. Is there a way to cut off the water supply to the individual washroom to stop the wastage of so much water? I turn off the water supply when no one is home but because of the tenants in the basement, can't keep the main water supply cut off all the time. Open to suggestions. Thanks!!!

Take the tub spout and the shower head off and cap them. 1/2” galvanized cap for shower arm. 1/2” galvanized cap or shark bite cap for tub stub out.

Thanks so much for recommendations, guys. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Regards!!!

Also check your valve body where the cartridge is at and check to see if you have shut off valves built in.

The galvanized cap on the shower arm and sharkbite on the tub stub out worked the best. Thanks everyone for your invaluable advise. :)

Latest posts

Back