Leaking Stainless-Steel Faucet Supply Line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riickk

Reaction score
Just try and tighten it up, or replace ?
Nevermind - Tightened 1/8 turn, still leaks;
Needs to be replaced
Water_2_____.jpg

Last edited:
Supply line has been there for at least 10 years. Will have a close look once I replace it.

Last edited:
Black rubber gasket appears fine, nicer workmanship than in new line.

Replaced line,
(a) tightened connection holding upper tubing with channel-lock pliers, still leaking
(b) tightened it more, still leaks
(c) tried again, it won't turn any further.
............. &^*%$ THING STILL LEAKS !! Gurrrr

I'm thinking that the leak is coming from mating surface of faucet tubing, or cracked tubing up above the connector. Does it make any sense to unscrew the connection and add silicone grease, and try to tighten the connection, or start fresh, and replace the faucet? I have a faucet that's been sitting in the garage for a few years, came together with a sink.
Installed the sink, but didn't use the faucet on that job, so cost to me is zero, as I see it.

Last edited:
You first need to be sure where the leak is coming from. If you wrap toilet paper around the copper line, above the supply line, and it gets wet, you are right, the faucet is toast.

Price Pfister Faucet-side---2.jpg

Photo says almost all. Leak is at the base of faucet,or, might be in hot-side water tube to faucet. Looking to replace the O-rings on spout, but how does this Price-Pfister come apart?

Last edited:
Because I want these turkeys (Pfister) to make good.
When I replace this faucet (doing kitchen over by end of this year) I'll put in a Delta or Peerless with the stainless ball and replaceable seats/washers & springs. I've found them to be longest lasting and easiest to service faucets I've owned. JMHO

Back