Leaking Shower Wand Connection

Discussion in 'Showers and Tubs' started by Sugi_84, Jan 22, 2020.

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating:

1. Jan 22, 2020 #1

Sugi_84

Sugi_84

Sugi_84

My girlfriend has an Oxygenics Shower Wand and it is leaking from the hose connection to the plastic swivel fitting mounted to the stem pipe. The hot water feed is from an instant water heater and has very low flow. I have tried unsuccessfully to increase the flow but the flow screw popped out and leaked water all over the place (whatever genius did not install shut off valves near the unit), but that is another story. Anyway, low flow hot, lots of pressure from the cold water line. When the hot water is on it leaks from said connection, however, when you increase the pressure with the cold water the leak stops, problem is now you have a cold shower. Any ideas on a fix for the leak?

2. Jan 23, 2020 #2

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Moderator Staff Member Professional Supporting Member

were the hose meets the shower head there should be a washer ,is the hot water issue on other fixtures in the bathroom also,if the are integral stops are they all the way on?????

3. Jan 23, 2020 #3

Sugi_84

Sugi_84

Sugi_84

There is a washer. I'm thinking when the cold water is on, back pressure in the hose pushes the washer up against the source effectively sealing it. Also think the washer may be too thin (made in china). As far as i can tell there are no integral stops.

4. Jan 24, 2020 #4

Geofd

Geofd

Geofd

Moderator Staff Member Professional Supporting Member

Have you checked the valve or valves at the heater,remove tne hand held and try a regular shower head,usually those hand held showeres come with 2 washers the big box store could help with that

5. Jan 24, 2020 #5

Jeff Handy

Jeff Handy

Jeff Handy

Pro Handyman, NOT A Pro Plumber

The instant hot water heater might need flushing, or it has filter screens that need cleaning or replacing.

Post pics of the brand, model, and serial number of the water heater, someone on here will know how to get better water flow restored.

Draft saved Draft deleted