Leaking shower valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a shower valve (see pic) that was installed about 15 years ago and is now has a slow leak (about one drop every couple of minutes). Also I removed and cleaned the cartridge about 6 years ago, but now it won't even think about budging to come out. I do not remember the brand of the valve, but it came from the Home Depot Expo before they closed their high end stores a number of years ago.

1. I need to know what to do about fixing the leak.
2. I need to know what to do to get the cartridge to come out
Shower Valve.jpg
Tom

For removing the cartridge, the plastic obviously just pulls off, BUT no amount of muscle that I put into pulling the cartridge out works. I pulled it out a number of years ago and cleaned, but it just won't budge. It turns fine to adjust the water temp.

For removing the cartridge, the plastic obviously just pulls off, BUT no amount of muscle that I put into pulling the cartridge out works. I pulled it out a number of years ago and cleaned, but it just won't budge. It turns fine to adjust the water temp.
I have cleaned mixing valves with vineager try spraying some on it and let it sit

Back