Leaking Shower Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trgovic

Reaction score
I have hot water leaking from my shower/tub faucet. It is a 3 handle faucet and the leak comes out of the spigot. There is no leak at the handle. What could be the issue? Is it the hot water handle or the middle selector handle? How do i go about fixing it? I have lived in my house for 5 years and have no idea what brand the fixtures are, no brand name anywhere. Please help!!

image.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, but i went to lowes and got a replacement. Their book is awesome!!! hold up old to find length, try handle style to get gnarl and find it in the book. I installed the new one withing 10 minutes, but now my tub does not turn all the way off when the shower is on and the middle handle has a lot more travel. Does the new stem cause the diverter to be off? the leak out of the faucet while the shower is on is scalding hot. causes the hot and cold handles to be way off what they were. should i replace the middle stem too?

You should not have went to lowes. That word is forbidden in our shop. I guess you'll have to ask "the plumbing professionals" there.

LockePlumbing said:
You should not have went to lowes. That word is forbidden in our shop. I guess you'll have to ask "the plumbing professionals" there.
WOW!! I didnt receive one bit of help from anyone there. I had enough confidence in myself that i could match old for new. Only good thing, besides them providing me with a book so they didnt have to help, is that its 10 mins away. Had new swapped out from start to finish within an hour. Only having one bathroom that is essential.

Us non-professionals don't have the wholesale parts houses available to us, so we are forced to frequent both Home Depot and Lowe's quite often... and I'm not ashamed of it one bit!

Havasu, the Pro's also go to the big box stores every now and then.

Thats why i like big box. They have a large selection and i can get it right away. Ill stick to forums on the information front though.

LockePlumbing said:
Diverter now not working. Trickles hot water when shower on. Those new H/C stems look shorter. Do you have a link for the old diverter?

Go to lockeplumbing.com and search 910-022. That is the diverter it takes. It is just 9.96 plus shipping

If you do order it today let me know and I will print it off and pull it so it will ship today.

Trgovic, Lockeplumbing is giving you the correct part/brand info, but Price Pfister will send you the needed parts for free ( the faucet(valve) has a life time warranty). The hot/cold stems # 910-030, the diverter # 910-022, the faucet(valve) model #01-31xa. Call Price Pfister customer service @ 1-800-PFAUCET

Almost everyone has lifetime warranty on the internal part if their faucets.

Latest posts

Back