Laundry Drain smell issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't appear that the 2" washer drain line is excessively sloped but I must ask anyway.
How much slope and/or drop from the trap to the vent? It has been assumed that it's to code but if it was too steep, like say 1/2" per foot, it would block the venting of the trap.
Like I said just has to be eliminated as a possible cause.

Thanks for all the help everyone...I think I will try the AAV to see if that works. The weird thing is i dont get any smell from the Laundry sink drain...

Frodo...i like the idea of the slow drip trap primer, lol

Just put in a AAV instead of running back to the stack. That is not a vent if it is picking up fixtures above. You would have to run your line above the flood level of the highest fixture to be a vent.

For ipc he looks good. 6’ arm , Wet vent is our way of venting. If it works for 1 code then it works. This smell is from washer not lavatory. Lavatory isn’t getting dry?
you can not use a waste stack for a vent
you can not wet vent on a waste stack
the lav has no vent
he has 180 degrees in offsets with a clean out, at the offset

Our strictest inspectors pass it everyday. Long as the 3” waste stack continues out to atmosphere then it’s a wet stackable vent. It’s a text book arm over. Ipc. I just passed the test in February and aced the venting section. It’s drawn like that. Can’t stack 2” vent but 3” main going into atmosphere. We can’t install a dry vent. It’s not allowed here.

Then it cant be used as a vent for a fixture.
from post #16
Thanks for the replies. The smell is coming from laundry drain. No smell coming from the sink. There is other fixtures tied into the stack above where the vent in the basement is tied into.

also what is being missed is a wet vent can only be on the same floor,
vertical_wet_vent.png

Latest posts

Back