Kohler toilet, want to fluidmaster it.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdestuck

Reaction score
A friend has a Kohler toilet with the canister toilet and she isn’t too happy with the canister type flush mechanism it came with. I’m hoping to replace Everything inside the tank with a fluidmaster flush system.

Did some searches here and YouTube but can’t find all the info I need. So when I do this, do I separate the tank from the bowl to remove the canister and install the new overflow tube? I did read that someone recommended a new longer arm flush handle as the original Kohler one is a bit short to work with a flapper. Tks for any help on this.

I just want to remind you that many of today's toilets are designed to only utilize the canister flush, allowing better cleaning action with less water. If you replace with a conventional flush valve, she may be very unhappy with the flush action, or the Fluidmaster flush valve just may not fit. I would give Kohler a call, give them the model number, and ask them for their recommendation.

https://www.us.kohler.com/us/

Guess I’ll give them a call but I can hear them now.... “Well we can recommend any modifications to the original flush mechanism “. :) But I’ll give them a try.

Guess I’ll give them a call but I can hear them now.... “Well we can recommend any modifications to the original flush mechanism “. :) But I’ll give them a try.
Pretty sure they did make a replacement kit because when they first came out there were problems
I know the handle used to hang up because it hit the tank a slight bend took care of that

Latest posts

Back