Kohler toilet fill valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeump1968

Reaction score
I just installed a new Kohler canister flush toilet. The fill valve and the canister came assembled. When I hooked up the supply line and turned on the water, the tank doesn't fill. There's just like a trickle of water coming out of the bottom of the fill valve where I don't think water is suppose to come from.

I took it out and when I look inside the fill valve on the supply line side, there's no physical way for water to to flow. If I turn it upside down and pour water into it, it doesn't go anywhere. I changed it out with a universal fill valve and it works fine.

Am I missing something or did Kohler send me a valve that was made wrong?

Attachments

• 20210717_182250.jpg
    20210717_182250.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210717_182319.jpg
    20210717_182319.jpg
    960.8 KB · Views: 10
Teflon tape doesn’t belong on the ballcock shank. You don’t need Teflon.

Now, to the problem. Some debris or part of the stop valve washer could be lodge in the ballcock.

You should be able to blow into the shank you have there and air pass through.

The top part of the ballcock comes apart too.

Google fluidmaster 400a and watch videos. It’s the valve you have there.

If you want to just replace the valve just go buy a fluidmadter400a and install it.

I did blow in it (on the supply side). Nothing comes out. I don't see how water can physically pass through it. If pour water in it from the top, just for grins, it comes out where it's suppose to. But from the supply side, nothing.

Latest posts

Back