Kohler Pedestal Bathroom Sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mart44

Reaction score
After about 30 years, one of the faucet valves started to leak, so I bought a new valve body from Kohler and I think I have everything I need to replace it except a 20 year body that can bend and reach underneath the pedestal to remove the old valve body. Almost seems like it would be easier to remove the pedestal sink in order to get to it. Is that an option that makes sense, or should I not be so cheap and just hire a plumber.

I had a call one morning from a flooring company. The floor guy took the leg out to lay some tile.
The only thing holding the lavatory to the wall was caulking and the drain.

The caulking gave way and the drain broke.

The lavatory fell and broke into a few pieces and the Delta single lever faucet turned on when it hit the floor then flooded the house.

I use a 2×4 to support the rest of the sink

I use a 2 x 6 to support the sink, as I wait for the old valve to rust enough to remove it. Wider footprint allows the dog to sleep under the sink. I hate working on pedestal sinks because they seem to be built for contortionists.

OP, make sure you keep the old valve, as some makers will replace it or one of the parts (cartridge) if you still have the original receipt.

Latest posts

Back