Knocking Sound In Walls After Flushing Toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angellico

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I had used a plunger on the 2nd floor toilet and and after I did when I flush the toilet you hear a knocking sound which sounds like its behind the wall or under the floor. I have never heard this sound before. I don't hear on the initial flush as the water goes down but it seems to start as the toilet tank is filling up and the knocking sound stops when the tanks is filled. With this toilet recently I always have had to turn off the shut off value after I use it and on when I use it because it slowly leaks.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thankyou

The sound is probably originating in the stop valve ( loose washer ) or the toilet fill valve ( ballcock ) is making the noise.

If I had to say which one I think it is, I’d go with the stop valve because you’ve been operating it lately.

Now for some reason when I flush the toilet it does not not to drain. I have to use plunger to make water go down. its like something is blocking inside pipe

Latest posts

Back