Kitchen sink replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredjames5

Reaction score
Hi, first of all, I want to say I have 0 plumbing experience but in hopes to find a contractor that can do a good job, I want to fully understand if the project I am looking to achieve is possible.

I am looking to replace my current sink which has a depth of 7 7/8" inch with a sink that has a depth of 9 inches. I have more than enough clearance under the sink to fit this new sink depth, however, I currently have a garbage disposal that I want to keep. Since the depth is 2" more on the new sink, is this possible to do? Will there need to be new piping to make it work? I have attached a photo of what it looks like under the sink currently.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_7747.JPG
    IMG_7747.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
I wouldn’t install the disposal or I’d lower the tee in the vertical pipe in the wall. The new sink will put you too low.

the existing piping looks to be done by an amateur.

lowering the tee could be expensive.

I wouldn’t install the disposal or I’d lower the tee in the vertical pipe in the wall. The new sink will put you too low.

the existing piping looks to be done by an amateur.

lowering the tee could be expensive.

haha - it is likely that it was done by an amatuer–not surprising especially for an NYC apartment.

Back