kitchen sink install NO CLIPS!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustintexas

Reaction score
We are trying to install a recycled kitchen sink. It is only a few years old, but there is only 1 sink clip. It is composite grante, drop in to a laminate countertop.
The clip is a simple L shape with a slight hook at one end. A screw goes through it too, obviously. We tried the Elkin clips sold at major hardware stores and we've spent hours online trolling fo the clips or trying to identify the sink itself.
No Luck!
Any helpful feedback is greatly appreciated.
Is there anothe rpiece of hardware that we can use that isn't a "sink clip"
Can we install without sink clips?
Would a professional plumber know a rememdy? We would gladly retain a professional to take over our DIY if he or she could solve it!
The sink is composite grante. the numbers on teh bottom are:
ucg620
imsf92
product of UK
Thanks for reading and potentially helping!
If photos would be helpful, we will try to upload some.

If the bottom of the sink that meets with the countertop has a flat surface area, some adhesive or 100% silicone caulking will do a really good job of holding the sink in place. A stainless sink with a narrow lip that touches the countertop NEEDS clips to hold the sink in place, and all caulking does is seal the junction. But cast iron sinks don't even come with clips, and are just caulked down.

If there are gaps between the sink and the countertop when the sink is set in place, you can fill up a couple of 5 gallon buckets with water and place one in each sink bowl till the caulking cures to close the gaps.

Place the caulking on the countertop, then set the sink onto the caulking. Wipe away the excess till you get a nice clean caulk joint, and then leave it alone for 12 or so hours.

I just bought a sink that is probably like the one you have. It is a Swanstone sink and I purchased it on ebay. It has not clips. I have searched everywhere on the net to no avail. I found your question and I would like to know if the recommended install from phishfood really worked. I am installing mine on granite. Thanks,

Latest posts

Back