Kitchen sink drainage question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This would be considered black water here also. The only compromise I could get on grey water was for the line from dog-bathing, which would be OK to do above-ground (letting water flow onto lawn) anyway.

Thats so smart of them to allow dog bath water to flow out on the ground........

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍👍

@Twowaxhack he's right. Look at the picture I posted. It's our definition too.

I think your still thinking of your clothes washer.

Yeah I saw that. It’s not good to let KSink to drain onto the surface. But I don’t consider it black water that must go through the tank. KSink drain doesn’t contaminate body’s of water with fecal matter.

In unincorporated areas in my state the health department allows it drain into its own field without a tank. Not on top of the ground.

If it’s ponding or stinking there’s a problem that must be corrected.

No dishwasher or garbage disposal allowed.

I’m not an advocate to let KSink water just pour out on the ground near anyone’s home. If you’re out in the woods and it’s conveyed far away, no problem.

Last edited:
I had an old man that said he had built many homemade septic tanks out of brick.

He said that he installed them without a drain field and would install them even in areas that doesn’t perc.

Tell me how he did it.......

I had an old man that said he had built many homemade septic tanks out of brick.

He said that he installed them without a drain field and would install them even in areas that doesn’t perc.

Tell me how he did it.......

My grandpa swears he used trees he cleared with a dozer as a filter bed/leach field.

My city killed a few hundred Canadian geese because their crap was contaminating the beach. 🤷‍♂️

I told them we should’ve had a big cook out. 🤣

I'm not going to mention another re-purposed item used as a septic tank. But it takes generations to accomplish learning that 30-50 years later seems intuitive.

On the definition of black vs grey, this applies more to RV tanks. Our DNR doesn't define "black" vs "grey", but they determine which waste streams can go into a septic tank, which are "industrial waste" and which are hazardous waste. There is very little that they don't assign to this set of allocations. One reason they are concerned about applying any waste to the surface is runoff. We have typically a lot of seasonal rain, and sometimes we have major flash floods. The geography and hydrogeology of this area can mean that anything on the surface is carried into waterways, where instant problems (fish kills) or long-term accumulation can occur. Recently I saw that mercury has been found accumulating in fresh-water fish here. I had the mis-perception that this had only occurred in oceans.

It doesn’t matter, grey water will drown a kid the same as sewer.

Homemade basins out of barrels standing up should not be used.
Also didn't say anything about a barrel. AND it will be buried. Gravel pit. Just gravel. At least three feet underground. Unless a child, of which there are none on our property or any surrounding properties, digs down 3+ feet and then removes enough gravel to fit in the hole, we are good.

Also didn't say anything about a barrel. AND it will be buried. Gravel pit. Just gravel. At least three feet underground. Unless a child, of which there are none on our property or any surrounding properties, digs down 3+ feet and then removes enough gravel to fit in the hole, we are good.
You didn’t read the thread.

Latest posts

Back