Kitchen Pull Out Faucet Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyghtron

Reaction score
Hello,

First time posting and I hope this hasn't been asked before (I conducted a search, but did not find anything).

I had a kitchen faucet hose tear, and when I went to replace it, I noticed the connection to the supply looks like a collet connection. However, please correct me if I am wrong. I am actually hoping that I am wrong, because pushing in and pulling down on the hose has not been working for me. I have been working at it for hours, even tried using some liquid grease.

Maybe it is a different type of connection?

Thank you in advance for your help.PXL_20221129_010803518.jpg

You’ll need to hold the center tube from twisting and then unscrew that nut counter clockwise looking up at it like in the pic.

You could also remove the entire faucet to repair or just replace it.

Thank you for your response @Twowaxhack I was not even aware that was a nut with edges (thought it was rounded)! It seems to be turning, slowly but surely with the amount of space I have. Hopefully I am making progress? I will give it another go tomorrow.

Hello,

I have recognized that I do indeed need to remove the entire faucet. However, I now have an issue with removing this rusty/corroded nut with the supply lines to detach the faucet. I've tried WD-40...any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20221212_220741468.jpg
    PXL_20221212_220741468.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
It’s probably time to replace that faucet.

You might end up destroying it to get it off the sink.

Latest posts

Back