Kitchen Faucet Supply Line

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotwa27

Reaction score
I an replacing my kitchen faucet with a new

I went to start by shutting off the supply valves and i noticed that my current hose does is not secured by a nut to the supply valve (See Pictures)

The hose to the new faucet as the locking nut on the end of the hose but this wont be compatible with what i have setup now.

Can i buy a female to female fitting for this? or do i have to replace the supply shutoff valve?

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• 20200408_143243.jpg
    20200408_143243.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • 20200408_143343.jpg
    20200408_143343.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
What brand is it ,I installed a European faucet and it came with fittings that would transition from faucet fittings to
Ips/ compression fitting we normally use
Have you contacted manufacturer?????
Have brought th3 faucet to Home Depot or Lowe’s to see if any of the compression/or ips fitting will work???????

Is it me or is the existing hose and the valve all one assembly from the factory?

In other words, it doesn't look like they can be separated. Can they?

What did you plan on connecting together, the top end of the existing hose or below the valve? In which case you need a new valve.

What is the white supply line made of? Also, lower connector of that shut-off valve looks like it's moulded-in. ??

You need a CPVC straight stop. Cut off the old valve and glue on a new one. Make sure to use the proper CPVC glue and primer.

4350F964-773B-425F-AC4F-3B9579AA8B3A.jpeg

Why choose a glued valve?
Did a Google search and learned that, supposedly, a standard compression inlet would work just as well, and avoid buying and learning to use glue.
This is a real question, I've never seen CPVC water lines around here (East Coast) after seeing literally thousands of houses, in 30+ years of real estate appraising. I'm leery of any glued joint under pressure.

Why choose a glued valve?
Did a Google search and learned that, supposedly, a standard compression inlet would work just as well, and avoid buying and learning to use glue.
This is a real question, I've never seen CPVC water lines around here (East Coast) after seeing literally thousands of houses, in 30+ years of real estate appraising. I'm leery of any glued joint under pressure.
Did your house appraising include many newer houses?

If you expand the picture the 1st (chrome)fitting is female and the valve has male threads that 1st fitting is shaped like a nut so that valve must come out

Did your house appraising include many newer houses?
Over the years maybe 50 brand new construction, and a few hundred under age 10-15.
They just don't use plastic piping around here, some pex, most copper.

Latest posts

Back