Kitchen faucet leaks

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dipam

Reaction score
I have a dripping kitchen faucet and I haven't been able to figure out how to get to the washers to change them. I live on an island off the coast of Venezuela and have access to limited "expertise" here. I bought the faucet here but the place where I bought it no long carries it. There's no brand name on it so I have no idea who made it. It's a single hole, double-handle faucet and has no obvious ways to access any screws or places for an allen wrench or other visible means of how to access where the washers might be. Any suggestions of how to go about addressing the drip? Thanks.

I have no knowledge on that faucet. You can either wait until our experts pop in here after work, or contact them directly at www.richelieu.com and request their customer service department.

Just stabbing blindly here, but look on the ends of the 4 pegs that make up the handles. Does one of them have a cap that can be pried off that covers a set screw?

Does the top of the section that the handle attaches to thread unscrew?

Hopefully someone will recognize the faucet and respond with a better suggestion.

Their installation instructions are a little lacking, but I'll take a stab at it. Look on the handle beneath the X part that you turn for a small hole. Most times on these faucets with no screw through the top, there is a set screw holding the handle on. If there is a hole underneath the handle, try fitting a allen wrench into the hole and see if you can screw the set screw out. This will allow you to pull the handle off and get to the threads to screw the stem out to change the washer. Hope this helps!

I did feel out a small covering over a small hole behind the handle which an allen wrench will fit into.
Thank you all for your help.

Latest posts

Back