Kitchen faucet issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Got a real annoying issue with my Peerless faucet. Whenever I turn the water on very slowly the water comes out but at half way up of turning the water on the water shuts off. If I quickly turn the water nothing comes out . Already swapped out the cartridge and still got the same issue.

If the faucet has a side sprayer you need to change the diverter cartridge

Take the spray head off and see how the water comes out of the hose

Also not sure if it's related. But this happened the day after my hot water tank was fixed for a leak. Everything else in house works as it should .

There is a check valve at one end or the other of the sprayer hose.

It might need to be cleaned out or replaced.

It could be full of sediment from the water heater.

Manufacturer customer service can tell you where it is located, and will pbly send a new one free.

There might also be sediment from the water heater inside the spray head, getting collected right at the flow restrictor.
Clean out the sediment and clean out the flow restrictor.
Peerless can advise how to clean and also can send a new one, or a whole new spray head.

There is a check valve at one end or the other of the sprayer hose.

It might need to be cleaned out or replaced.

It could be full of sediment from the water heater.

Manufacturer customer service can tell you where it is located, and will pbly send a new one free.

There might also be sediment from the water heater inside the spray head, getting collected right at the flow restrictor.
Clean out the sediment and clean out the flow restrictor.
Peerless can advise how to clean and also can send a new one, or a whole new spray head.

I took the sprayer head off and same flow issue. And also cleaned the head off while I had it apart. Maybe the check valve is before the hose. I'll take a look for that. I'll look on Google what the check valve looks like. Thanks so much Ricky and Jeff

if you are facing any type of plumbing problem then just call plumbing experts. i am sure, plumber will resolve your problem.

I think you picked the wrong site to advertise your find a plumber service app.
This is a Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum!
Haha ya exactly. I want to solve the issue myself. New to this type of issue but love to learn and have no issues turning a wrench. I didn't solve this issue. Ended up buying a new Moen faucet and it works great. Going to teardown the peerless to see the inner workings.

Haha ya exactly. I want to solve the issue myself. New to this type of issue but love to learn and have no issues turning a wrench. I didn't solve this issue. Ended up buying a new Moen faucet and it works great. Going to teardown the peerless to see the inner workings.
Let us know if you find the problem.

Latest posts

Back