Kenmore Softener

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copyman

Reaction score
Hi, New to forum.

Had a question on a Kenmore water softener. Unit is around 7 years old and has been working great until recently when I noticed the water wasn't draining and even overflowed from drain on side at one point. After Google search I tried everything suggested on different websites, cleaning venturi, checking drain hose, brine valve assy, salt bridge, etc. Nothing worked so went ahead and replaced the complete venturi & rotor-disc kit / seals with new genuine parts. Cam goes through all the cycles fine, adds water to salt level but water does not drain brine water.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Report Edit

Sorry I thought this forum was for tech support? I've been a copier / printer tech for 40+ years and have a tech support forum similar to this forum. We help end users & other techs. The repair I did on the softener so far was very easy compared to most copier repairs so would prefer to try and repair myself and why I asked here. Not worth calling in a professional and pay $200 for them to tell me the unit is bad. Would rather put that money toward buying a new one.
Thanks anyway

Last edited:
Sorry I thought this forum was for tech support? I've been a copier / printer tech for 40+ years and have a tech support forum similar to this forum. We help end users & other techs. The repair I did on the softener so far was very easy compared to most copier repairs so would prefer to try and repair myself and why I asked here. Not worth calling in a professional and pay $200 for them to tell me the unit is bad. Would rather put that money toward buying a new one.
Thanks anyway
I just figured that was a place to start, I'm not familiar with wells and things like that but there are people who know that equipment,you could repost and see if someone sees it

I ended up buying a new water softener. Since I wasn't able to get help here I made note that this is more of a plumbing help forum and will keep in mind if ever needed.

I ended up buying a new water softener. Since I wasn't able to get help here I made note that this is more of a plumbing help forum and will keep in mind if ever needed.

If you installed a repair kit correctly and it still doesn’t work, then replace it.

That’s life in the big city. ✌️

You already have, everyone who complains is automatically issued a check. Please let us know when it arrives. Also, please let us know if it never arrives, and it will be reissued. :p

I wonder if my Craftsman tools are still quaranteed for life? Maybe they meant the life of the owner and not the tool itself.

when I started wrenching a LONG time ago I bought Craftsmen (couldn’t afford Snap-On yet) and I still have the majority of those tools.

pretty sure the Parent Company of Dewalt owns them now?! Also, is Lowes their distributor?

Latest posts

Back