Just became a Plumber in the Philippines!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckapotamus

Reaction score
Hi! Nice to meet all of you! Last month, I just became a plumber in the Philippines. I still have a lot to learn since the things that I have learned in my technical college didn't really have much equipment, and materials. I hope to learn from all of you. I also that I will get to know all of you well. :)

Hey Chuck!

Hope this is right, from Google translate.

Kailangan namin ng maraming mga tubero!

Haha that's right. Thanks for trying to communicate to me in Filipino. Makes me feel some sort of acceptance in this community. There are four main languages in the Philippines. Those are Filipino, English, Spanish, and Bisaya. I'm stronger at speaking English and Bisaya.

Is it true? Your country needs more plumbers?

Hi Chuck. Welcome. You might also check in at Plumbingzone.com, a site for professional plumbers only.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to check it out. I'm a plumber who is freshly graduated, so I would probably feel intimidated by the more experienced plumbers there. Lol

Are there profession rookie plumbers there as well?

Haha that's right. Thanks for trying to communicate to me in Filipino. Makes me feel some sort of acceptance in this community. There are four main languages in the Philippines. Those are Filipino, English, Spanish, and Bisaya. I'm stronger at speaking English and Bisaya.

Is it true? Your country needs more plumbers?
What about Tagalog?

What about Tagalog?

Filipino and Tagalog are practically the same. :) I can understand probably 60% of Filipino since it shares a lot of words with Bisaya and Spanish. From where I am from, English and Bisaya are more widely spoken, so I don't get much practice speaking Tagalog. Lol

I think the Philippines have three or four languages all mushed together, this is sometimes known as a creole or pidgin type of language.

Various groups who ruled, invaded, colonized, or traded with the people got their languages all absorbed and mixed into a new language.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will be sure to check it out. I'm a plumber who is freshly graduated, so I would probably feel intimidated by the more experienced plumbers there. Lol

Are there profession rookie plumbers there as well?
Don't feel intimidated by the more experienced plumbers or otherwise.
No one knows it all, regardless of what they may think.:rolleyes:
Never hesitate asking what you may feel is the simplest of questions. Many are more than happy to share their knowledge and/or thoughts.

Best of luck to you!

I'm very happy for you, you're good that you still figured out what the problem was, although you claimed that you are a beginner. "I looked closely this weekend and saw the white piece - "trap adapter" slip nut has a horizontal crack. Bingo. Glad that was the issue."- I immediately thought about this as soon as I read your post and saw the photos. In principle, the problem is quite namolla. But I had a nightmare at home about two weeks ago, I broke a pipe and had to call the service plumbers https://www.absolutedp.com/. Well that they quickly fixed everything, and the stench was unreal.

Hi! Nice to meet all of you! Last month, I just became a plumber in the Philippines. I still have a lot to learn since the things that I have learned in my technical college didn't really have much equipment, and materials. I hope to learn from all of you. I also that I will get to know all of you well. :)
congratulations!

Latest posts

Back