Jetter info

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have one its a rigid it comes with a 100-150 ft cable so motor stays outside it works pretty good but gotta have a water source near we just got an electric jet that does up to
6" maybe 8" not sure be I haven't had a chance to use it we also have a small electric general jet only does up to 3 inch great for laundries and floor drains...we use a company that has a trailer jet and one that mounted to a flat bed we use a much larger truck (vactor)jet for catch basins and mains in the street

Yes we have a spartan 717 and 727 jetter right now now we are looking for a trailer jetter
I just worked with one Friday.....we had multiple buildings back up due to grease from some of the buildings we were able to punch a hole in the stoppage with our large spartan drum snake....the trailer jet took a while to clear it....there were chucks of grease the size of cinder blocks the operator said that his jet has more pressure than the vactor truck and less water...the vactor has more water volume less pressure vactor tops out at around 2000psi the trailer jet is more....in my opinion the vactor cleared it faster and at the same time cleaned the drain.....so you really need 2 pieces of equipment with the trailer jet(clears it) doesn't remove debris ...does that make sense?????

I just worked with one Friday.....we had multiple buildings back up due to grease from some of the buildings we were able to punch a hole in the stoppage with our large spartan drum snake....the trailer jet took a while to clear it....there were chucks of grease the size of cinder blocks the operator said that his jet has more pressure than the vactor truck and less water...the vactor has more water volume less pressure vactor tops out at around 2000psi the trailer jet is more....in my opinion the vactor cleared it faster and at the same time cleaned the drain.....so you really need 2 pieces of equipment with the trailer jet(clears it) doesn't remove debris ...does that make sense?????
what I forgot to mention that trailer jet would be good for main drains in buildings....that a cable wont break up the company we use has a remote control on the water/motor
so if water starts backing up you can shut it down qiuckly

had the trailer jet and 5000 gal vac truck only did a nice job but I did like the vactor/jetter better there is a screen in the vactor...so he can dump ONLY dirty water into the sanitary main an continue jetting/vacing

Back