Jetted Bathtub Tips

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer

Reaction score
I'm thinking of replacing my standard bath tub with a jetted type tub.
Are there brands for to stay away from
Budget for the new tub itself &500 - $800.
I'll probably be doing most of the demo my self but subbing out the other disciplines like flooring, plumbing, electrical...
The end use will be tub/shower
Jet type air vs water jetted
I also know people that install them and they never use them, I just think it would be nice to soak in after laboring all day to relief sore muscles.

I'm thinking of a tub like this:

American Standard EverClean 60 in. Acrylic Right Drain Rectangular Alcove Whirlpool Bathtub in White-2425LC-RHO.020 - The Home Depot

Thanks for any guidance.

I like the Kohler model that has an air pump that dries the tub after it drains.

The air pump can be remotely located. Like in a basement or attic or closet. Yep

The water in those jetted tubs sit inside those orifices until the jets are turned on again. Many doctors have warned that that dirty, stagnant water could cause UTI infections, and recommend that women do not use them. I had a jetted tub and ripped it out, replacing it with a stand up shower.

Your mileage may vary.

The water in those jetted tubs sit inside those orifices until the jets are turned on again. Many doctors have warned that that dirty, stagnant water could cause UTI infections, and recommend that women do not use them. I had a jetted tub and ripped it out, replacing it with a stand up shower.

Your mileage may vary.

Never thought of that........is that the reason you removed it?

Our house was built in ‘93. ‘Garden tubs’ were popular then So we have one. Big waste of space! We have used it maybe once in the past 5 years. We put a rack in it to dry wet clothes... Like Havasu, we intend to rip it out and replace it with a nice, big shower.

Showers are great but they’re hard to take a soaking bath in them. 😀

Showers are great but they’re hard to take a soaking bath in them. 😀
I have never really been a 'bathtub' guy... I prefer showers. Bathtub with jets sound luxurious, but after a time or two, they are just a PITA (IMHO). :)

I installed hundreds of those whirlpool baths in the 80's , then ripped them out in the 90's for deck mounted roman baths, then ripped those out for large walk in showers with steamers and his and her shower faucets. what comes next.

I have never really been a 'bathtub' guy... I prefer showers. Bathtub with jets sound luxurious, but after a time or two, they are just a PITA (IMHO). :)

I have customers that typically have both…..big showers and big tubs. It’s a thing.

It is worth mentioning that for the best resale value for a house, you should always have a tub for small children available. We are fortunate to have a 3 bath home, so one of the bathrooms still has a tub for future little ones. All new homes seem to have a luxurious master bath suite where both jetted tubs and steam showers are available, but just like the treadmills in most homes, they just become auxiliary clothing hangers. :beeroclock:

My home came with one and it was disgusting as well as having this terrible access door for the pump that insects would still get through despite strong tape. I had it ripped out and replaced with an undermount soaking tub that gets used daily for relaxing after a long day WFH, lol.

It is worth mentioning that for the best resale value for a house, you should always have a tub for small children available. We are fortunate to have a 3 bath home, so one of the bathrooms still has a tub for future little ones. All new homes seem to have a luxurious master bath suite where both jetted tubs and steam showers are available, but just like the treadmills in most homes, they just become auxiliary clothing hangers. :beeroclock:

This....I removed my downstairs tub and install a huge walk in (2) seat and (2) shower head shower so I need a tub in the house.

Latest posts

Back