Jet pump info

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KULTULZ

Jack of All Trades ~ Master of None
Professional
Reaction score
From another thread-

I am interested in a professional explaining the type of pump (JET?) to me...

Still on a learning curve...
popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

Can someone explain the advantage(s) of a jet pump over a submerged well pump? I thought a jet pump was mounted outside, but the attached photo shows an interior installation.

How noisy is one of these on an interior installation?

Well Pump (F&W Jet).jpg

The only time I see jet pumps outside around here is under homes in trailer parks....but it's well insulated to keep from freezing. In warm climates, I could see them being installed outside but I've never heard of it here in Canada, eh.

I hate jet pumps. They can be evil, contankerous bastards to service. It's a good day when I can eliminate another jet pump from the world and replace it with a submersible. The only advantage to a jet pump over a submersible would be a shallow well application. The pumps aren't all that quiet, but not too loud if that makes any sense. The majority of the time you hear them somewhere in the house.

The only time I see jet pumps outside around here is under homes in trailer parks....but it's well insulated to keep from freezing. In warm climates, I could see them being installed outside but I've never heard of it here in Canada, eh.

I hate jet pumps. They can be evil, contankerous bastards to service. It's a good day when I can eliminate another jet pump from the world and replace it with a submersible. The only advantage to a jet pump over a submersible would be a shallow well application. The pumps aren't all that quiet, but not too loud if that makes any sense. The majority of the time you hear them somewhere in the house.

...hmm..

Never thought of the freezing temp situation. Guess I saw photos of them outside on irrigation systems or similar.

THANX Matt! for the info... I think frodo has signed off and moved me up to higher learning... :p

Latest posts

Back