Jet pump control problems

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawksnest

Reaction score
After pressure reaches 50lbs it shuts off as it’s supposed to do. After about 4-5 minutes the pump turns on for about 20 seconds then off and will come back on after another 4 minutes. It continues to cycle like this unless I turn off the switch on the pressure switch. I’ve let that occur up to 4 times before turning off as motor gets hot. I replaced the LEFOO switch once and now replaced with an square D with same problem occurring. Each time I ran a wire into pump and let water flush out This problem started a month or more ago when we had an ice storm and lost power. I hooked up generator which at first labored most likely bc I didn’t shut down some electricity users like the pump. Almost immediately the basement became smoke filled but no smell. I think it came from the pump.
The pump seems to work as it fills the tank. I believe the Well xtroll bladder is ok as I’ve checked tank pressure numerous times. Gauge doesn’t go down overnight. Pressure in empty tank is 28.
Sorry this is lengthy but wanted to give the complete background. Thank you

Copy and paste it to the other site. Then go back to this location and EDIT it to read, "MOVED TO PUMP & WELLS."

Latest posts

Back