Jacuzzi bathtub waste and overflow washer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtraMilePlumbing

Reaction score
The other day I installed a standard beveled washer in a jacuzzi bathtub ( the fat part facing down) the old washer was a flat one, which I would have used again but I lost it . Any ways my splashing water test showed no leak age but it's a weak test . Also when tightening the beveled washer it was a little lose on the top part where the washer is skinny . Do you guys think it will leak , and worst case is , it's on a top atwo story building

When I test a bathtub, I will fill it mostly with water and use my bucket to wave water around to simulate human movement, making sure it splashes onto the overflow all around the hole, not just run down the bottom of the hole.

Without seeing the installation, hard to say if it will leak. When in doubt like that, a bit of clear silicone can give you peace of mind as well

The whole problem was that the bath tub is flat and I used a beveled washer and I poorly water test it

When you are piping in the overflow, use offsets to make it line up properly for the tub and the washer that you are using. With the nasty fiberglass tubs, I will often use some silicone to make sure it seals, but on a smooth surface it should seal without.

I totally misunderstood what washer you were talking about.

i thought it was a slip joint. i just now snapped you are talking over flow skirt washer.

I have a little saying that runs thru my head on that washer...big hips, little ti-s usually works

i have used 2 washers before.

1 oriented like i said, the other, turn it till it lines up. sorta like a w/h vent 90.

Thank you guys very much for you're responses . You guys are the best. I learned a lot and will apply it.

And frodo sorry,I did miss explain my self and was not specific enough, with the type of washer

Latest posts

Back