I've not seen this before, plumbing! Anyone make sense of it?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrlossyman

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to purchase a new home ( divorce :-( ) and I've had an offer accepted. I've renovated a few homes before and I get the basics of plumbing. However, I took a few pictures from this house today and couldn't work out what was going on? Has anyone seen this before? It looks to me that the boiler is not recirculating the water but instead feeding it through the tank into the hot water system. If that's the case (i am probably wrong) I don't know what the tank is doing? It looks a bit of a botch job looking at the fittings etc. any advice would be appreciated.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-06 at 15.22.23.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-06-06 at 15.46.14.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-06-06 at 15.22.10.jpg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-06 at 15.46.40.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-06 at 15.46.40.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 0
PS. Happy to be part of the community! I'm in Surrey SW London.. Originally from Pembrokeshire, Wales...

:welcome group:

The majority of the experts on this forum are based in the United States, but there may be a chance one will be able to help you with your issues.

Welcome.
I think you'd have to make a schematic of everything to start evaluation.
And, like Hava' says, we are mostly USA based...that said, sh.. still flows downhill here too.

Welcome! Yeah, need more details (what’s that pump supposed to do?) and pictures, is this new construction? Maybe the builder would have some insights?

It is a system that we have nothing similar to for reference.
They use vented gravity storage tanks with float fill valves...wacky to the USA public water system methodology

It is a system that we have nothing similar to for reference.
They use vented gravity storage tanks with float fill valves...wacky to the USA public water system methodology
would seem pretty efficient to me really, cool

PS. Happy to be part of the community! I'm in Surrey SW London.. Originally from Pembrokeshire, Wales...
Glad we can understand your typing as I am sure most would not understand your accent.............jut kidding kind of.

Latest posts

Back