Island Sink Venting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Elvis used to say, "Don't be cruel...".
Sounds like he plans on doing it correctly, as required by code. Just asked a question about going above and beyond with that original vent idea that wouldn't have met the code. And since you have now shown him how he can do it by rolling the vent, etc., it would meet the code.
So I believe the answer to his question, ..."can you have too much vent by venting out the back and using the AAV..." would be no. Venting out the back using the rolled vent, of course.:rolleyes:

it is your house.
vent it incorrectly if you wish

curious???
why did you ask for information if you are going to do it your way any way?
just seems like a waste of every ones time.

good luck...have fun...
I tried to explain there isn't enough height inside the second story floor joist to allow the drain pipe to get 1/4" of drop in the pipe. The elbow above the wye makes it so I can't get enough drop in the pipe. The AAV vent is legal but I do have the possibility to add the vent off the back. That extra vent might help ?
You brought up the fact how sink residue could block the vent off the back, yeah that could happen, so I added a clean out to possible deal with that. There might be more then one way to make this work, so I am asking questions.

And just because I would be using an AAV, does that mean I can't add more options to the drain line ?

The vent off the back is easy because I have a wall upstairs that is close, but the sink is in an island.

Last edited:
if it is more than 2' long then it is called a dead end pipe which is illegal
because of the possibility of it getting clogged up
by the method i pointed out in post # 9

Anaheim california upc
P3005.1.5 Dead ends. Dead ends shall be prohibited except where necessary to extend a cleanout or as an approved part of a rough-in more than 2 feet (610 mm) in length.

It was my understanding, deadends are prohibited cause there is no scouring effect. Material can build up in a dead end....

Latest posts

Back