Is this legal?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cables in a post tension plank are around 24'' apart and the all run in the same direction
cables in a slab run both ways and are 2' 0r 3' apart.
move the tub over 4'' and you miss a cable.
However at UCCS [University Colorado Colorado Springs } engineer said a certain amount could be cut. depending on location. because we were cutting the crap out of them on the honors Dorms. these were precast
with holes and cables
Engineer said no cables can be cut and there was no need to......the running traps had been working for 15 yrs prior. Common sense prevailed.

last time i got into a disagreement with an engineer it was over a 48'' duck below a future floor sink a RFI was generated. his answer was to physically and with great force manipulate a depression in the duck for the p trap to sit into. I cut a hole in the duck, and a SS mixing bowl despaired from the university's kitchen
I am talking about the big ass one on the stand up mixer 18'' wide and 10'' deep
set the bowl in the hole. screwed it, then pookied the edges and set a 4'' cast ptrap down in it. LOL
the next day the cook looked every where but up in the ceiling for has bowl to make biscuits

Back