is this legal?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tjan
1. UPC: Vertical wet venting is limited to (1) one and two (2) fixture unit fixtures.
You are currently showing a vertical venting of three (3) fixture units into the WC drain.
;)
But even if the shwr and lav are already vented before they tie into the vertical drain?
If that is true can't I just vent the WC off of it's horizontal drain individually?20200622_124656.jpg20200622_124656.jpg20200622_124656.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly if you vented the WC like you show in red, it would comply in every way I can imagine.
BTW, we are arguing technicalities. Even without the dedicated WC vent, the reality is that parallel users at the double lav would be inconsequently rare and all plumbing design is robust by default so it would all work fine in my view.

Certainly if you vented the WC like you show in red, it would comply in every way I can imagine.
BTW, we are arguing technicalities. Even without the dedicated WC vent, the reality is that parallel users at the double lav would be inconsequently rare and all plumbing design is robust by default so it would all work fine in my view.
I actually really enjoyed the conversation. Thanks again for giving me insight on the plumbing venting code.

Back