Is this allowed/how to fix?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn1988

Reaction score
j0zpg6tuv

20180511_090035.jpg

I was told that even though this ties into the main stack, it is not allowed due to it being on a 45 degree angle + it will create a siphon. Is that correct?

Additionally, if it is not allowed, there is another vent stack (2") on the other side of the bathroom that I could tie into - not sure what fitting I would use after the 45 - 1 pipe will need to go to the sink and the other to the other vent stack (which would need to go up the outside wall, 90, go about 3 feet so it lines up with the vent stack, 90, and then go 5 feet to meet the existing vent stack).

Thanks for any help/info!

Not allowed cuts off access to vent creats an s trap but another question.... where is you vent?

The vent is about 10 feet to the right and 5 feet across the room. I think I'll add a T instead of the elbow shown in the photo, run it back 6 inches to the foundation, 90 it up to the floor joints, 90 again back the 5 feet across the room, 90 again the 10 feet to the right and T it into the vent. Logically it makes sense, but I'm not a plumber.

I was also told I'll need to add a backwater check valve (where the orange cap currently is).

There was a vent added previously to the pipe on the right in the photo - once it turns vertical, there is a 1.5" vent attached, which goes up and ties into the vent stack I mentioned before.

Latest posts

Back