Is my water heater replacment quote...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer3244

Reaction score
Reasonable?

I had a 30 gallon electric water heater replaced. The location was a very difficult one, which is underneath a cottage. There is a 3.5 foot clearing and the floor is all sand. All work is done on your knee. The water heater expands down into a small area, that was dug out. All work to reach the the pipes, was is done on their stomach, and the clearing was less than 3 feet (had to crawl 15 feet)

The cost to replace it, along with repairing the outdoor faucet, which
requires one to work while laying down (3 foot clearing), was $1800.

Was this reasonable....a bargain...or did I get played?

Thanks!

Rick

That’s cheap
I appreciate the feedback, as I'm a novice and couldn't even begin to ballpark it.
The pressing issue to me and most important one, is finding someone I can use going forward...trustable and reliable Thanks again for your opinion of the cost!

Reasonable?

I had a 30 gallon electric water heater replaced. The location was a very difficult one, which is underneath a cottage. There is a 3.5 foot clearing and the floor is all sand. All work is done on your knee. The water heater expands down into a small area, that was dug out. All work to reach the the pipes, was is done on their stomach, and the clearing was less than 3 feet (had to crawl 15 feet)

The cost to replace it, along with repairing the outdoor faucet, which
requires one to work while laying down (3 foot clearing), was $1800.

Was this reasonable....a bargain...or did I get played?

Thanks!

Rick
Was the guy desperate for money, or forgot to carry the 1 in the thousand column.
Super deal

Back