Is my problem the pump

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallbarb99

Reaction score
I'll start off, we have a basement, where the Gas Furnace is. This is what they call "High Effency" which puts off quite a bit of moisture. To solve the drain problem for the moisture, we have had a tub, where the water drips into and fills, till the Sump Pump inside the Tub kicks on to drain the water out of the tub, thru 1/2" pvc, into the Main Black Sewer pipe. This has been the setup forever, and never has had a problem. It has quit pumping the tub out. I can see the water in the tub swirling as the water is being forced back into the pump and not out thru the pvc pipe. I pulled the pipe off the top of the pump and turned it on. Water flows out, and appears to be alot! I split the drain pipe and ran air pressure both directions and it appears to have NO blockage both directions. So, i guess the Main question is, even though the Sump Pump appears to be working, how can i tell if it is the pump, just not having the pressure anymore to force water out of the tub into the Main Drain?

Back