Is my plumber scamming me?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an ADA version with the "sanigloss" coating. I sell them every day nearly.
Hmm. Do you know the exact model number? Is it the original Drake with the angled sides on the tank or the newer one with a different shape?

Hello Zanne. The tank number is ST743ET; the "Eco" in the name refers to lower water usage. The manufacturer rep confirmed that it does not have the Sanagloss coating; I believe that one ends with SG. The tank has an angle toward the base. I called again today, after again not receiving the case number, so I waited on the phone until the number was generated and received by email. Third time is charmed? We will see.

There is a showroom about an hour from us, and I looked there. Sometimes what is in-stock at the box stores (in this case not Home Depot) is stuff that sells quickly, costs less and doesn't hold up as well. These were special-ordered. I'll have to add toilets to the list of things not to buy at the box stores.

Toto specs For the toilet assembly .... Just the tank may be different.

With TOTO, the third number lets you know which bowl you have.
**3 is round
**4 is elongated

F = 16-1/8" high bowl
L = 16-1/2" high bowl
Neither of those letters and it's normally standard height, between 14-1/2" and 15-1/8"

G = CEFIONTECT bowl glaze, used to call this Sanagloss

U = 1.0 GPF
E = 1.28 GPF
S = 1.6 GPF

C = Tornado Flushing System
unless
C = DYNAMAX TORNADO FLUSH
Okay, that's not confusing at all. Tornado is a siphon jet flush with swirling rinse
Dynamax Tornado is a "Wash Down" flush with swirling rinse.
Totally different trapways and totally different way that they flush.

M - Dual flush, but check out the U, E and S letter with it to know how much water there is for the dual flush.
Information from the Terry Love Forum

Last edited:
You couldn’t give me a 1.28 or lower toilet. 1.6 isn’t any good either

I like to tinker with them and make them flush like a tsunami if I can. Change the flapper if I can, replace flush towers with flushvalves and flappers.,,

Toilet stays clean too. No chemicals just a little dish soap once da week.

I’m not suggesting any of you do that. 🤠

You couldn’t give me a 1.28 or lower toilet. 1.6 isn’t any good either

I like to tinker with them and make them flush like a tsunami if I can. Change the flapper if I can, replace flush towers with flushvalves and flappers.,,

Toilet stays clean too. No chemicals just a little dish soap once da week.

I’m not suggesting any of you do that. 🤠
I have a customer that kept having stoppages on toilet and shower after a handyman installed a new toilet for her. Turns out that Los Angeles county was giving away free toilets with .9 gallon per flush. I let her know she needs to get a higher gallon flush toilet but we can only get 1.28 here.

I have a customer that kept having stoppages on toilet and shower after a handyman installed a new toilet for her. Turns out that Los Angeles county was giving away free toilets with .9 gallon per flush. I let her know she needs to get a higher gallon flush toilet but we can only get 1.28 here.
I should buy a truck load of the 1,6 that I can alter to flush 2+ gallons.

One day we’ll be carrying it out in a bucket to a community manhole. 🙁

The new waterless toilet. AKA a 5 gallon bucket.

I have 1.6 gal flushers in my condo.
I had a problem when first moving in, frequent log jams.
Problem solved by flushing poop, then flushing paper afterwards.
Drains are old, and designed for 3 or 4 gallon flushers.

If you want a cheap toilet that flushes great and has a fluidmaster already in the tank. Get a Vorten.
They had some bad tanks once and it cost them. I’ve never had a problem and I’ve installed hundreds.,

In my opinion the flush like a Toto carouso use to flush. I made that statement once standing in the supply house. Salesmen says, Yah that’s because Vorten bought totos old molds and their factory in Mexico”. Don’t know if it’s true., they flush great for $125 combo set.....

Ah. So I was correct that Drake I does not come with Sanagloss finish for ADA height. It was the Drake II. That's what I thought.

Twowaxhack, you'd be surprised how much the 3" flush valve ones can flush on a 1.28gpf tank. We went from a 1.6 Drake with a shorter height to an ADA height 1.28. The flush is about the same. Only problem we've ever had has been with our pipes, not the toilet.

My friend who has an 1.28gpf Entrada said the thing was able to flush an entire roll of tp. It made it all the way through the toilet but then got clogged in the drain. It was stuck for over 3 weeks. He kept using an auger down the drain, hose with water, etc-- finally got it pushed far enough that it went into city's sewer line. Clogged the toilets at the nearby grocery store so the owner had it cleared out completely and now everything flushes fine.

I like toilets that flush a lot of water because that’s what my customers want.

It’s really that simple for me.

If you don’t give a customer what they want and then they’re not happy ...... that’s the best way to find yourself in conflict.

There’s a lot of old cast iron here and you need a lot of water to keep it washed out.

Back