Is it legal to sweep a tub overflow riser to the drain T?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarZin

Reaction score
Hello. Thank you all, in advance!! I am replacing a jacuzzi tub on slab that was 35 inches wide with a 30 inch wide regular tub. This is a total renovation. The on-center is moving from 18 inches from wall to 14 inches. I can swing the tub drain pipe without having to cut much more slab, but since the center moved 4 inches toward the wall, the overflow riser can't go directly up to the overflow on the tub without redoing the entire p-trap assembly (I don't want to do this). I am thinking about using (2) 45s to angle the overflow pipe to center. This would prevent me from having to redo the entire P-trap assembly. Is this acceptable as far as general code is concerned? I know they make drain kits that are brass that allow a swing, but the Kohler tub I have has some slotted drain, which of course, won't allow generic drain assemblies with this feature.

Attachments

• IMG_6970.jpg
    IMG_6970.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0
This is the type of question you call your local inspector., as we can say sure its good, but your local authority inspector can fail it

Back