Is all my problem Because of trap?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyw

Reaction score
Hello, i join this forum since i was left without any help by an renting owner and i would like to know if it is me or the trap which i couldn't clearly say if it is an S-Trap but actually look like, causing me alot of problem like bad odor and the water goes down sometimes very quietly and sometimes not, without the least action of mine. It happens randomly.

i'm not sure but a friend of mine which are not plumber but work in construction, told me he never saw trap shape like that and actually i really think all my problem come from this since i saw at alot of place that S trap are prohibited because of bunch lf issue it cause.

can anyone told me if this is something i should worries about?

thanks so much

• this is actually the only pics i have for now...B00F0463-072E-45F4-AAE0-3FCEEF35C9F1.png6F7E7FC5-86F5-4B4E-A040-1E6AE8B80D09.png

Actually, im in Canada which look like there's no regulation except in Ontario (i live in Quebec).
As i notice in your profile, you are professionnal plumber 😀 may your expertise and experiences consider this trap "legit" and can it cause problem like water stagnation?

thx for your help,really appreciatted

It’s an s-trap, they can cause problems. Change it to a p-trap and vent it.

Thanks so much all for your help.

It’s an s-trap, they can cause problems. Change it to a p-trap and vent it.

Actually, the drain pipe are not coming from the wall but from the floor. So basically, i will need to make it coming from the wall or there's workarround for make it work fromthe floor?

The owner is not reallyhelping with that, and the water get stuck so many times and this is really borrimg.

Latest posts

Back