Interesting toilet issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey gang,
So heres one for ya. I have a 3/4" main stepping up to 1½" to feed 2 slone flush valves on wall mount toilets in a retail store public restrooms.
There is a 10 gallon well tank installed at the top of this line as a expansion tank. Incoming pressure varies from 50 to 60 psi, dropping to 20 psi when either toilet is flushed. This set up works well at times.
So as you can guess the flush is not the greatest. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to increase perfomance without any major overhauls to system?

Has this ever worked need 25 psi to have a flushometer work properly
Yes, its worked for quite awhile up untill yesterday, discovered a toilet in a vacant space next door with a stuck flapper. Now i cant recover pressure for full flush☹️

are thereultiple water meters or just one is the meter spinning even if your not using water
So there is just one meter to my client, seen meter spinning, checked all fixtures, gained access to vacant space and discovered toilet running, and now we know that space share this meter. Pressure after prv and backflow is now 60 psi static

So there is just one meter to my client, seen meter spinning, checked all fixtures, gained access to vacant space and discovered toilet running, and now we know that space share this meter. Pressure after prv and backflow is now 60 psi static
So know when you flush is the pressure dropping out????

If new diaphragm does not fix it, maybe the prv is partially clogged or defective, limiting flow volume, but not static pressure.

If new diaphragm does not fix it, maybe the prv is partially clogged or defective, limiting flow volume, but not static pressure.
Dude, so i plugged ejection port on toilet, seen a bunch of stuff flow out of rim....scrubbed rim.
Working like a champ now...who would of thought...uggg thanks for your input.

Might be related somehow to all that water flow, while nearby toilet had stuck flapper.

Latest posts

Back