Installing new toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rioduo

Reaction score
Greetings everyone, I am new to the forum, so please excuse me if I ramble a bit. I am presently in the tail end of a remodel on my bathroom. I want to move the location of my toilet about four feet to right of where it is now. This will get it out of sight every time the door is opened. Oh by the way, my house is elevated about ten feet off the ground so I have room to work on the drain system before it drops into the septic system.
Presently the drain from the toilet exits below the floor drops about 2 ft and ties directly to the drain and vent. Anyway, my questions center around the drop from the toilet and the distance from the vent. Is there a recommended amount of vertical drop from the toilet before I angle the drain to tie in to the existing drain system? Also should moving the drain about four feet from where it ties into the drain and vent cause a problem?

Thanks in advance for any help,
James

3" pipe can be 10' from the vented line. Sounds like you'll be fine. As far as the vertical drop below the flange. Doesn't really matter too much.

Good luck! Show us some process pictures!

Thanks for the reply, that's a relief. I'll try to post a few pictures. Is there a requirement to have posted a certain number of times before you can post pictures?

Thanks again,
James

Back