Installing basement toilet with rear discharge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffernandes

Reaction score
Hello everyone !
Please excuse my ignorance beforehand when it comes to plumbing!

I am trying to install a toilet in my basement and I really don't want to use: option a) an up flush toilet....or option b) a sewage pit with pump.

So is it possible to connect a rear discharge toilet that has a rough in at 7 inches directly to the 4 inch main sewer pipe (that has a 1/4 inch per foot gravity fall) at the point where the main sewer pipe is the lowest ( it is about 8 inches from floor to middle of the 4 inch sewer pipe).
I am willing to raise the floor about 4 inches which would bring the the rough in toilet discharge to 11 inches.
I have included a diagram of the toilet as well as a picture of the sewer pipe and against it is a 2x4 with a circle which represents the height of the toilet discharge at 11 inches. The toilet would be installed slightly to the left at about 2 feet away. Alternatively, could i connect to the clean out on the right which is 6.5 inches on center? That would give me 4.5 inches of fall. I have a cleanout on the PVC sewer pipe about 3 feet to the left of the image.

Is this doable or am I crazy?

Thank you so much for your time!

1663972830407.png
1663972890223.png
1663972913089.png

Latest posts

Back